December 25, 2022

Finally a Merry Christmas Again?

It’s been a while since your blue friend said, “Merry Christmas, y’all!”, and his nose didn’t grow an inch or two. But this year is different. Today I’m going to sit, relax, and all will be good. I hope you can relate.

A year ago, while we were well on our way to making Orwell’s worst nightmare become our latest reality, I lost a lot of my readers. I know I may have been harsh. I know I’m not a pleasant fellow to be around when the shit hits the fan. I realize some may not want to see what’s out there – maybe because they have a different coping mechanism. Maybe because they don’t see it. Maybe because they don’t want their world to collapse. 

I get that. 

I just wasn’t willing to give up on my freedom. Not without a fight. I was disappointed in lots of folks, friends and family alike, and I called it a day. Goodbye, blog. Goodbye, everyone. Then a year down the line I missed writing. I missed talking to you. 

As I sit here minding my own business, I'm thinking... So I have been back for a while, but I’m still not drawing, which is a tell-tale sign something is still not healed. I guess I need to rekindle the passion, is all. 

What I wanted to say is, I hope you're going to have a great Christmas with your loved ones. Don’t fight. Don’t discuss politics. Discuss turkey. Discuss mashed potatoes. Discuss cranberry sauce. Look each other in the eye and know what really matters. And I don’t mean the food. 

Merry Christmas everyone!

Blue

"Well, it's Christmas time, pretty babyAnd the snow is falling on the ground!"

P.S. In case your loved ones can go sit on a stick and whistle, let them. Grab a drink, watch your favorite movie. Don't let anyone ruin your Christmas. Not today.

***

12 comments:

  1. Eating turkey is politics too for me LOL
    Merry Holidays, oh Randy, oh Mandy!
    Never asked you how did the situation resolve at work? Are you still teaching at the college?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The story ended well. My boss was given the boot on account of his incompetence and I had two more wishes left. Eating turkey is politics... I hear ya. So, how did you spend Christmas, Dezzmeister? It's been a while since I last sent you some tea. Hope you're doing ok.

      Delete
    2. I actually got some tea and my first ever Advent calendar with jams this Christmas Eve from my sister Theresa, is not she the sweetest? I sent her some chocolate :) We were supposed to be without heating and gas on the Boxing Day today, but in the end just a part of city was.

      Delete
    3. That's real sweet of her, but I'm not surprised. Without heating? What's next: without oxygen? Criminals.

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas. I hope you have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. I loved every second of it. Hope yours was fine too.

      Delete
  3. Merry Christmas, Blue! This Christmas was about not trimming the tree (I didn't put up a single holiday decoration, or a Christmas tree for that matter) and trimming toxic family and friends from my life. I'd say it was one of my favorite Christmases yet! I hope you had a good one, dearest Blue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes saying goodbye is all it takes, Theresa. Who needs people around them that crap our style and make life less enjoyable? Though I'd be the first to admit that life isn't always about joy. Good to hear you had a great Christmas. Sleep tight. Don't let those reindeer bite :) Blue

      Delete
  4. Hi Blue! I just saw your post on Theresa's tomato sauce post and whipped on over here to say hello! A blog break can be refreshing, if needed. Glad to see you posting again though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, Rosey! Good to hear from you again. Yes, I'm back, though I still need to find my rhythm and a sense of calm after two years I'm trying hard to forget.

      Delete