August 22, 2022

Who We Are (with Truedessa)

Who We Are 

By Blue and Truedessa

What is it that makes life bearable for you, Miss Blue?
Is it the unexpectedness of inner growth, your strategy to cope
With all things blue when staring at the end of your rope?
Or is your glass half full reflecting your true you?

What do you see when you close your eyes to sleep?
Do you see all your hopes and dreams in the night?
Longing for your deepest desires does your soul weep?
Do the blues gently fade under the coverings of starlight?
Reaching for that dream, realizing no mountain is too steep..
knowing in your heart that destiny will eventually take flight..
treasuring all the special moments knowing they are yours to keep

Miss Blue, I close my eyes and keep my fingers crossed 
In hopes I might not once again be lost 
Forever scared to not wake up again when chasing dreams 
That can't be found for they are hiding ─ so it seems 
Do you feel blessed knowing there's a light? 
Do you hold on to treasures seen by those who dare to fight, 
Who know that there is more than meets the eye tonight? 

I am a believer in dreams Blue Guy they help me cope
through every dark tunnel I am reminded there is light
opening my eyes to an ever changing kaleidoscope
Do you remember your dreams and hold them tight?
Did you know sometimes things turn out the way you hope?

What is it that makes life bearable for you, Miss Blue? 
Is it hope? Is it dreaming when you're wrongfully enthused? 
Are we playing wondrous parts, we take and laugh when we're amused, 
Misstating our true selves until we close our eyes, or do you wake 
To find that life's all but asleep and waiting, making you yearn? 
Can you be summed up in one life: True Wanderings ─ such a colorful style? 
O to hear your laughter makes another night much worth my while 
So here I go, I plunge into the wonders of the dark, and maybe never to return. 

Knowing there is light gives me courage to face each day
Traveling dream ways discovering hidden keys to life
Playing wondrous parts, a star that lights the milky way
Does your heart yearn to be free cutting away daily strife?
Hiding behind the veils of night, do you love, laugh and play?
Do you dream to awaken your soul to feel the beat of life?
O' to gaze upon your face all I need do is close my eyes
for there you will be waiting no disguise under a silvery sky
Would we be remembered for our extra-ordinary shade of blue?

* * *


June 2, 2014

1 comment: