November 21, 2023

When a Good Place is a Great Place

I’m in a good place right now. The mess that was my life in 2020 has given way to tranquility, peace and, well, unadulterated laziness  but in a good way. 


I was angry for a long, long time. We’re talking years. The ten people still reading my semblance of a fine blog will remember. I wasn’t in a good place. I got divorced while in lockdown, had to work online, and no one believed me when I said we were being fooled by our own government.

Now I’m mostly keeping to myself. I don’t watch the news. I don’t read newspapers and I don’t listen to the radio. It’s quiet and I like it that way. I started re-reading my Michael Connelly collection. Hardcover, of course. Some things don’t ever change. I’m a snob that way. I love Angels Flight and Echo Park. Right now I’m reading Trunk Music. I try not to bother anyone, and even my manager thinks I’m suspiciously quiet. O well. Did I mention I’m getting older? Anyway, I just want to be left alone, especially by the government and ultra leftwing youngsters who want to change the world. Politics… don’t get me started. The Lincoln Lawyer…. That’s more like it. 

My wife is wonderful. My life is wonderful because of her. This is the first time in my life I don’t feel like Boxer, the horse in Animal Farm. You may have heard of him. He’s the one doing most of the work. Well, now I don’t have to do most of the work anymore. I’m taken care of, loved and helped to the extent that I feel I should do more. I love my wife. She has been the love of my life since December 1984, and I can’t believe she’s here, smiling at me, not saying a lot, though certainly much more than way back then. I’m in a great place. 

Friends, I haven’t forgotten about you. It’s just that I want to sit on my couch and read a book. I don’t feel like drawing Mister Blue Guy. Maybe because I’m a lighter shade of blue. They say that, when you’re sad, you write a lot. Well, I’m not writing much these days. I guess you know what that means. 

I hope you all are doing fine.

Blue

22 comments:

  1. So ya went da Dezz way by avoiding da news? I threw my TV out of the cassa when our dictator came in power ten years ago and haven't watched it since.
    Oy, I've never liked Angelina and always felt she did not take care of you, nice to hear new Lady Blue does. Hooray to love!
    Who is Michael Connelly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, she sure tried, Dezzy. Plus I'm not the easiest guy to live with. That much I do know. But what gave you that idea? Michael Connelly is an American writer best known for his characters Harry Bosch and the Lincoln Lawyer. Just love myself a good crime story.

      Hope you're doing fine, all things considering.

      Delete
  2. That is wonderful to hear, Blue. You need some peace and someone who loves you.
    Yes, avoid the news. Liberal nutbags for Hamas, for taking away your gas stove...it will just make you crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No news is good news. Literally! I’m so glad your life is in a good place now, Blue. You’ve been missed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So kind of you to say that. Happy Thanksgiving, Bijoux.

      Delete
  4. Lovely to hear that! That's all you need, really - someone who stands by your truth and loves you.

    I don't watch the news, read the newspapers or listen to the radio too these days. I feel like i'm in a bubble which isn't bad when you think about it. But being away, I do miss my complicated family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine, Jaya J. Good to hear from you again.

      Delete
  5. Did I just read a fairytale, Mr Sky Blue?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did, Jules. I'm still coming to terms with it being real...

      Delete
  6. By the way, it’s me - Jules x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Jules. How come I can't see your beautiful face?

      Delete
    2. I don’t know. That’s far too technical for me. For some reason it’s not accepting my Google sign in. The modern world, eh?!

      Delete
    3. The modern world, A.I. included, sucks so hard it's almost sexy.

      Delete
  7. I am glad you are happy and in a peaceful place. One needs to have a happy place. So, glad things are changing for you -True

    Life is wonderful; that is hard to believe....but, if you say so, may it be so

    https://youtu.be/A3yCcXgbKrE?si=PtMZpIqTmqdFDBEf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life at home, that is. The world outside is still depressing. I do miss the 80s.

      Delete
    2. P.S. True, why can't I access your blog? Do tell.

      Delete
  8. I'm so happy to hear you are feeling better, doing better and are happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All I need to do is stay ay home and not leave the house :) Hello, Mary.

      Delete
  9. This is such good news, Blue. I'm glad you're finding some peace these days. Reading and relaxing are so good for the soul. I've never read Michael Connelley before, but if you give the seal of approval, that's good enough for me. Will add a few of his titles to my online library wish list. Hope the holiday season continues to be good to you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Theresa. So good to hear from you. It's been a while, and it's my bad. The holidays have been fine so far. I'm discounting my being ill right now. Don't tell anyone. Other than that, it's pretty much all good. If you need to know which of his books are particularly good, just let me know, okay?

      Happy Holidays!
      Blue

      Delete