September 20, 2020

Thank You, Bollywood Princess

It is with sadness that I had to say goodbye to my Bollywood Princess, now ex-wife, on September 20, 2020.

As I type this, I realize that eight years ago to the day we were married by the most boring officiant imaginable, yet believing our bond would stand the test of time.

It didn't.

I won't bore you with the details. All I can tell you now is that I'm about to start a new chapter in my life. The future's not set. There's no fate but what we make for ourselves. Now, who said that? And might I add, somewhat less eloquently, "though it might hurt like a mother."

Will I be blogging again? I don't know. I feel kind of numb. I've been feeling this way a long, long time. But, who knows... clean slates may invigorate those who dare to start anew.

What I do know is that it has not been easy. Not on me, and certainly not on Angie ever since I dropped the bomb in December. I hope she's going to come out of this mental ordeal stronger than before (I know she's well on her way). I certainly wish her all the best in the world.

Thank you for being there when I could barely walk or lift a spoon to feed myself. Thank you for your righteousness and your refusal to give up. Thank you for your final words: Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna. I'm sorry for not wanting to grow old with you. I truly am.

Blue

* * *

No comments:

Post a Comment