April 28, 2013

Ding-Dong in My Garden

Sometimes all it takes is a funny cat... to jump-start my inner-blueman rhyming brat. No, this is not a naughty poem. It really isn't... It's a... you know... Well, maybe it is.


DING-DONG IN MY GARDEN

Spring is when I go ding-a-ling 
like the ding-dong of a king.
When the birds inspire and my world's on fire when I do my morning thing.
O spring O spring O come real soon like magic that rings true.
Pushed my shovel in the soft wet ground 
that's caressed by the morning dew.

I feel comfy working with my hands 
for I want this plant to grow.
As a gardener bound to share his plight, on my knees I quickly go.
Soft soil, soft soil do water it, wetting all things dry and fun.
How my back's a-burning in a sun that's yearning 
for some hard work to be done.

Gently plant a seed like seed that sinned 
when blue bonnets make my heart less blue.
If you watch real close, you can watch my Rose move slowly to the wind.
O it's spring when my bluebells go a-ringing, when they're shaking wild and free;

when my heart's a-singing and the dames go clinging 
to a warm spring cherry tree.

* * *





No comments:

Post a Comment