May 29, 2013

A Bit of Money and Some Blue to Like

Though my eyes are still trembling and my energy level can't compete with that of a depressed zombie beaver in rehab, I feel so much better. Much much better. I flatter myself with the idea that some of you out there had something to do with the suspicious chiaroscuro smile that now inhabits my face. Let's say your uplifting emails and comments have made a difference. And guess what... I got myself a whole lot of sunshine just the way you planned it. If only for a day...

Good thing I was too tired to snore like a bore the other night (a boar?), meaning I was granted official permission to vacate the couch and transport myself to the comforts of a real bed. (Only idiots don't realize that's a good sign.) But the dreamless night was short and when I woke up a voice inside my head went, What's with the light? I said, 'Angie, what's with the light? (I speak my mind, in case you didn't notice.) Could it be the freaking sun is shining? 'Are we finally getting some sunshine?' (Okay, it isn't always an accurate representation... sue me.) So bleary-eyed me shuffled toward the window, pushed aside a dusty drape and at that precise moment I heard an angels chorus: 'O Happy Day... (O Happy Day!) O Happy Daaaay (O Happy Daaaaay!)' Friends, I saw was the only shade of blue I love. It's called Heavenly Blue.

So I put on my happy face and went to my all-time favorite Bagels & Beans establishment. Of course I took a shower first. It's not like I went there butt-naked and ordered a hot cocoa while scratching the mighty ole bluebells. Shame on you for having such naughty thoughts. I actually meant bluebells. I'm trying to crawl out of this hellhole called double funk and tell you a story here. As I was saying, I lured to my favorite Bagels & Beans establishment. It's my favorite because it's around the corner and I'm lazy. Here's what the menu looked like:

I'll tell ya, those bagels were hot, too.


SLIDE!

That's cowboy Jimmy, also known as Blue. You may have heard of him. Seems to me he hasn't seen the bill yet.

Thanks for the sun rays :)

 * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment