December 07, 2022

EVIL but Deep

It happens once in a blue moon… Silly TV shows may actually lead to profound thoughts. How’s that, you wonder? Well, allow me to enlighten you.


So, me and Mrs. Blue were sitting on a couch, watching this show called EVIL. (Capitals very much compulsory and impressive if you’re half a bat like me.) I said, “What’s this all about, hon?” Turns out it’s a show in which a doctor, a scientist and… wait for it… a priest join forces to investigate all things allegedly supernatural and, you've guessed it, EVIL. 

Now, at this point I need to take a sip of my Blue Guy Coffee. If the Cat were still here, he’d call it just that. In fact, I may want to add something a bit stronger because of what I need to divulge next about EVIL. 

Did I mention the doctor and the priest engage in hot ‘n’ steamy sex because, you see, they have the hots for one another? (Eat your heart out, Back to the Future.)

“Oh no, I shouldn’t.” 
“Yes, you should.” 
“Oh no. I can’t.” 
“You bet you can.” 

You may need a sip, too. Did I leave out the bit where said scientist guy has hot ‘n’ steamy you-know-what with the leader of a cult that he and his hot companions are investigating? I hear ya: “Well, well… All in the name of science, I suppose? A doctor, a priest AND a scientist in heat? What’ll they think of next?” 

That’s right. Now, here’s the deep thought season one instilled in me. How come priests believe in God, angels and demons, but when you tell them you just saw a demon, they’ll dial 911 and send you straight to the looney bin? What does that tell us about Ye of Mucho Faith? 

“I saw a demon.” 
“No, you didn’t."
"Yes, Father, I did.” 
“I need to make a phone call.” 

The moral of this story? Such is life when sexy priests call you delusional. Such is life when the majority label you insane. Such is life when it’s 2022 and we still haven’t learned one bit. 

But I love you all anyway. 

Blue

* * *

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Lynda never visits me anymore, did you know that, Blue?

      Delete
    2. I had no idea.

      90% of my readers dropped me like a dirty sock in 2020-2021....

      Delete
  2. Da hell would you watch something called EBIL? A hundred hailmarys for you, missy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're talking to a guy called Randy. What did you expect? Many demons in this show are blue. I wonder why that is.

      Delete
  3. Now that sounds just completely screwed up...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does. Luckily the show isn't taking itself seriously.

      Delete
  4. Aaaand this is why I read books LOL - Hi Blue!

    ReplyDelete