November 27, 2022

Love is...

When Melvin Udall tried to wrap things up, pondering out loud (if softly), "Love was...", I heard a voice I hadn't listened to in a very long time. In the end, what was love? I think I know. I think I know what love is. 


LOVE IS breaking down walls 
That keep you from living 
Hurting people who mean you well 
Taking more when less won't do 
Forever changing what seemed right. 

LOVE IS a crooked thing indeed 
Brown Penny help me out: 
Remorse reversed 
The universe restored 
And all is good again. 

LOVE IS knowing what you did and nodding 
Accepting who you are 
Feeling what you did and nodding 
For all the world to see: 
A smile. 

* * *

8 comments:

  1. Love can be a lot of different things depending on the relationship you have. I liked your poem though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your poem was lovely in a world that lacks compassion and brotherly love...a simple smile goes a long way to touch another person's heart especially during this season.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Mildred. I couldn't agree more.

      Delete
  2. I wouldn't know myself, but I am ever so glad you found love, oh Randy, on Mandy. What are you and the missus doing for the holidays?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gwendolyn and I will be taking things slow. I haven't been feeling great, so it's time to hit those breaks. Which I say every year but never do. How is life, Dezzzmeister?

      Delete
    2. Gwendolyn is such a lovely name, I once had a cat called Gwendolyn.

      Delete
    3. Your comment was in my spam box. Ridiculous.

      Delete