December 25, 2023

Merry Christmas to You All

Yesterday my dear friend and once-upon-a-time blogger Azra asked me if I still did my fair share of blogging. The truth is.... no, I don't, and I wonder why that is. 

What is different now compared to, say, 10 years ago? I remember spending hours on end drawing new pictures and writing the worst poems in the history of mankind, except for maybe one or two of them. Now, the thought of staring at a screen for hours, adding one pixel at a time, makes me want to sit in the garden and count the number of Columbines waiting for a bit of tender love and care. 

These past ten years have been both uneventful and extremely eventful. Let's see.... 

The first couple of years were dominated by this new thing that had taken over my life. It has a fancy name but basically it means I have a jet lag that just never ever stops. That took some getting used to. I was leading a quiet life—some would say boring life—reading my Marvel omnis and DC, too, not liking the majority of superhero movies one bit. I would draw pictures, believing I was part of an online community that cared. I spent more money on Ted Baker suits than anyone with half a brain would call healty. Not to mention the money I poured into that semblance of a relationship back then. We're talking dinners, vacations, dresses and shoes. All the things that really don't matter that much when you're hitting 54 feeling 64. 

In hindsight I'd say I spent a lot of time waiting while spending. I guess that explains the OCD drawings and the need to be seen while not being seen at all. Being blue does that to a person. 

Then the entire world lost its mind. Well, at least 85% of it did. Not to mention 85% of my readers stopped reading my posts. I'm skipping that era if you don't mind too much. Did I mention I was in the middle of a divorce while in lockdown with my soon-to-be ex? Well, it wasn't fun for her either. I'm not an easy guy to live with. Skip, skip. 

Next chapter. 

And then my life took a turn so unexpectedly that I still need to pinch myself to believe it actually happened. I bought a new house, moved to the countryside, and married the only girl to ever break my heart way back when. No, I didn't see that coming, but here I am, sitting at a beautiful oval shaped table in a room so beautifully decorated by the Missus that you'd think I'm starring in the latest Netflix Christmas flick. 

Which bring me to the generic but well-meant title of this post. 

Dear fellow-bloggers, if you're still out there, all ten of you, I wish you all a wonderful Christmas. May it be a good one. Remind yourself that spending the Holidays with relatives and friends isn't something to be taken for granted. Come to think of it, too much is taken for granted these days. Technology does that to a person. I know for a fact that when I'm once again surrounded by friends and family on Christmas day, there will be lots of phones and tablets and what not. Say it ain't so! 

Blue

* * *

17 comments:

  1. Sounds like you got the unexpected but very welcome happy ending. Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I’m at my 2nd oldest son’s house (he’s hosting all of us, first time he’s done it which is so cool), It makes me anonymous on Internet though. This is Rosey wishing you and yours the best.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Rosey. Good to hear from you.

      Delete
  2. I wish Santa was real 🎅😞

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your Christmas was wonderful, iphones or not. It sounds to me like you're in the place you should be and that finally, the Prince got his Princess and it all ended happily ever after. How utterly lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Christmas was fine, Jules. Not great but not too shabby either :) I hope yours was great, though. So kind of you to ask. Are you doing all right? Do tell.

      Delete
  4. Happy Holidays!
    Ours here are terrible as our dictator has rigged elections again and we are now blocking the capital trying to make the world intervene.... not that the world cares about us much....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The world has been brainwashed. Don't have to tell you what you already know.

      Delete
  5. It been a turbulent 10 years blue
    But it’s sounds like you had a safe landing
    for me i soared high and felt alive
    but, now its just been a nose dive
    gone are my Dreams sunk in the sea
    with no place to be,…

    Glad you are happy, I always wish those I care about love
    Light and happiness

    True….


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know where to find me if you wanna talk, okay?

      Delete
  6. Great post! I am so happy to hear that you have found happiness. May every Christmas be a Hallmark movie for you and your missus!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad to hear that, at the end of 2023, you're happy with where your life has led you. I wonder what 2024 holds in store for us (hope it's good!)

    ReplyDelete